The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) has sent out a call for applications from survivors of childhood sexual abuse to join the Victims and Survivors Consultative Panel (VSCP). It is a paid role and travel expenses will be met.
Applications and declarations of interest must be submitted by email – Sunday 24 November 2019. They expect to interview shortlisted candidates in the week commencing 6 January 2020.
IICSA is encouraging applications from individuals with an understanding of the views and issues surrounding male victims and survivors as well as those from ethnic minority groups.
The role involves any or all of the following:
- Advise the Inquiry on the way in which it engages with victims and survivors, including: how we reach out to victim and survivor groups and networks; how to engage people in the Victims and Survivors Forum; and how to spread the Inquiry’s messages to wider victim and survivor communities.
- Advise the Inquiry on the way in which it communicates with the broader public, for example through reviewing Inquiry materials.
- Share your expertise and knowledge in developing and reviewing the work of the Inquiry including the Truth Project and our research programme.
- Attend events, both Inquiry-led and external, to present the work of the Inquiry, facilitate discussion on a range of topics and promote the Truth Project.
- Take part in media interviews both regional and national for a range of media formats.
- Attend meetings with members of the Inquiry secretariat focused on particular projects and workstreams.