*Page currently being updated*
DABS is a resource and support organisation for all those concerned with abuse and sexual violence.
Our aims are to:
· Promote the understanding and awareness of abuse and sexual violence to society
· Help victims and their supporters, whether affected directly or indirectly
· Assist all bona fide organisations, volunteers and professionals working in these fields
DABS maintains a list of about 450 book titles and continually adds to the total with new publications as they appear. DABS no longer sells books but current, out of print and many discontinued publications can be found and purchased from bookshops or via the internet. For a comprehensive listing of book titles, and other suggested reading material for survivors and their supporters, please click here.
A handbook for adult survivors of sexual violence
OTHER READING MATERIAL
- 2011 Review of the Literature on Rape and Sexual Assault by Dr Nina Burrowes (NB Research)
- 2013 The Rape and Sexual Assault of Men: A Review of the Literature by Dr Nina Burrowes and Tessa Horvath for Survivors UK
- The courage to be me is a illustrated story about courage, self compassion and hope after rape or sexual abuse by Dr Nina Burrowes