Description of Agency: Counselling and therapy service for female and male victims of sexual violence
Address: 70, Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
Helpline: 01800 778 888 (24 hours, 365 days per year)
Office Telephone: 00 353 1 661 4911
Email: [email protected]
Area covered: Republic of Ireland
- National 24-Hour Helpline – 1800 778888.
- Crisis appointments for recent rape and sexual assault.
- Long-term therapy for adult victims, male and female, of childhood sexual abuse and sexual violence.
- Training for professionals who work with victims of sexual violence.
- Training programmes on preventing and dealing with bullying, harassment and sexual harassment.
- Court accompaniment
- Accompaniment to victims of sexual violence to the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit.
- Outreach talks to schools and community groups
- Campaigning, lobbying and awareness raising
- Research and statistics.
- Adult men & women
- Short term crisis counselling is also provided for young people aged 16 and 17 with parental or guardian consent
Description: The Galway Rape Crisis Centre was founded in 1984 by a group of women in the Galway community who were concerned about the lack of services for survivors of sexual abuse and rape. GRCC is dedicated to providing a professional, caring and confidential counselling and support service for those in our community affected by sexual abuse and sexual violence. GRCC is now the second biggest RCC in Ireland (after Dublin)
GRCC offers clients
- Long & short term counselling
- Asylum seeker clinic
- Legal clinic
- 24 hour emergency call-out
- Medical services and Sexual Assault Treatment Unit (SATU)
- Advocacy & Accompaniment to Services (eg Court)
- Education & Training Services
- Services for People Supporting Survivors
- Survivors Groups
- Christmas Sharing
- Primarily provides counselling services for female & male survivors of sexual violence and abuse. Supporters of clients can also contact the centre to receive support for themselves.
- Offers an educational and awareness programme that caters for the needs of young people aged 15-20 years. The workshops promote healthy relationships, mutual respect and equality through clear communication and making healthy choices, as well as raising awareness of sexual assault, abuse and rape
- Offers information talks to community groups and organisations or to groups of professionals on issues in the area of sexual violence and abuse, upon request.
One in Four Dublin
Description: One in Four professionally supports men and women who have experienced sexual violence, many of them during childhood. Our aim is to reduce the incidence of sexual abuse by intervening in key areas of the cycle of abuse. We do this through psychotherapy, advocacy and prevention services.
Address: 2 Holles Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Telephone: 00353 1662 4070
Email: [email protected]
- Advocacy services
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Family Support
- Sexual Offender Treatment Programme
- Our service users are women & men who are affected by sexual abuse